My Dr apt was today. This is the first time I've seen my Dr since I had my surgery. At that time I was doped up and on a hospital bed. He was in his scrubs and face mask. My mom was telling me how handsome he was afterwards and that she was bummed she couldn't come to my apt w/ me to see him again. haha. Boy was she right. Dr Lowery at Orthopedic Associates. He's very tall and has a nice built. He is so nice and very knowledgable.
He told me that my injury was very very serious. Even though I'm young and healthy it's going to take awhile to heal. The bone (tibia) I broke is hard to break. It's very thick. It's the shin bone, the one in front that is thick. He said I can put more weight on it as feels comfortable. But if it starts to hurt stop. Pain is not good w/ this injury.
I'm starting physical therapy on Monday. He said my achilles muscle is very stiff and needs to be stretched out. I won't be able to walk correctly if it's not fixed. Also, I can't bend my knee all the way. So they will work all that out in PT. I'm excited but nervous to start. The place is really close to our house and last apts are at 5pm. I'm not sure how often I have to do it. I'll report back later.
It's going to be a slow recovery and I can't wait til it's over.
I'm going to have some nasty scars for summer time.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Um... Dr Lowery was my ortho dr a few years ago.... yeowza! Me likey!
~samantha
Post a Comment