Thursday, January 8, 2009

just a day or so

Heath's grandma is dying. We went to visit her at the nursing home last night and they have her on liquid morphine. Her body is shutting down. It was sad to see but she'll be better off. She's 87 and has lived her life. She suffered alzheimer's the last years of her life and stayed in that unit of the nursing home. It's Heath's mom's mom. When we went there his mom's sister was there. She hasn't been around in a long time. I would say 5 years. Tracey (Heath's mom) went to see her mother every day and was the main care giver. Her sister was feeling so much guilt for being selfish and not visiting her mother or her family. I hope this gives her light and makes her come around more. It just comes to realize that you never know when someone will leave your life. I need to start getting better about calling my friends up and catching up w/ everyone. I see my family at least once a week. Of course I have a small family. We're actually going to Cape Coral, FL on SAturday and stay for a week. My parents rented a house for a month. We're driving up to Indianapolis on Friday to stay w/ my sister and her husband then flying down the next day w/ them. Big family trip! I'm quite excited. We'll still end up going to FL if Heath's grandma dies today or tomorrow. I told Heath to tell his mom and make sure she is ok w/ it and she is. I think his mom is ready for this to happen. She has dealt w/ it for so long.

1 comment:

Tr@ci said...

aww sad. thinking of Heath and his family