Thursday, March 5, 2009

Freedom!!!!

I'm officially off crutches! The feeling I have right now is so awesome. I was getting pretty down about it. I felt confined and limited. I hated it. I had a good friend help me out of my funk a few times. I love my friends. Everyone has been so helpful.
I went to the Dr to get inserts for my shoes yesterday. When I put them on it felt pretty good. My ankle didn't hurt as bad. So of course I had to buy new shoes. It seems like the inserts are going to be pretty easy to put in different shoes. I hope to find some sandals that they'll fit in. I hate wearing socks when it's hot outside. I know they sell athletic sandals so we'll see what I can find.
Physical therapy kicked my butt last night. We're doing more strength/balance work. I actually got out of breath and sweaty a few times. We did lunges which threw me off balance a few times. We used the yoga ball and that was what kicked my butt. I was laying on the table w/ the ball resting under my ankles. I lift my butt off the table, roll the ball underneath me, then back out and butt back down on the table. I could only do 4 reps. Whew! I can tell I'm getting stronger. That rules!

No comments: